Failure or Learned Experience: Entrepreneur

I’ve always had a clear idea what I wanted in life, or maybe that’s what I thought. The moment I graduate from high school, I actually didn’t know which career I would go into. Actually, I said that I really liked marketing stuff because of the creativity part of this area of study. Never the less, I actually wanted something to challenge me, not just to go by. So, I did take the last path that I had minded which was study in the hardest engineering college in my country. I actually said many times that this University was for crazy people, because instead of having a quarter or semester as a normal university does, it’s managed by trimester (more like 10 weeks kind of situation). Not only had I decided to change from marketing to engineering, but also to the so called “toughest area” which was Electronic and Communications because the second option was Software Engineering and at the time (2002) it had the market overflow of graduates on this area.


Well little did I know it was crazier than I could ever envision. Most of the things we study in the last year which mainly focus on Electronics, microprocessors, communications and programming, led to or actually you needed to use your head to “imagine” the things you wanted to create. This was very useful (forgetting the 7 math subjects and 4 physics, ugh) because it let the student to use their mind and cultivate it. But after working 3 years on the technical part, actually operating the Mobile Core equipment’s, I just got a little tired of that and went back to my original idea of focusing more in the business. So, after getting a job at a Telco provider on the Sales part, I enter to an MBA focus on Marketing and Sales.


 I enjoyed a lot the time there, because it was way different compared to my Major and my work related. Before it was so technical and now seeing this entire new world which I found fascinating. Then at the end of the Master I needed to work on the final job applied to a real business.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Trabajo Final Aplicado a una Empresa del Master

All my professional Titles / Todos mis títulos profesionales

Magister Univertario: MBA in International Management